- Supports Eye Health
- 4 mg - 60 Capsules
- Potent Carotenoid Antioxidant
- Healthy Inflammatory Response
- Vegetarian/Vegan Formula
A great supplement you've probably never heard of! Recently aired on Dr Oz, Astaxanthin is a naturally occurring carotenoid that, because of its unique structure, provides a wide range of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. Because Astaxanthin is able to cross the blood-brain and blood-retina barriers, it can deliver potent antioxidant protection directly to the eye, brain, and nervous system. Zanthin® Astaxanthin has been patented for its ability to support retinal and overall ocular health. Scientific studies have also demonstrated that Astaxanthin can help to support a healthy inflammatory response. As a result, this is a wonderful supplement for athletes, or anyone with undue inflammation. Additionally, it has shown benefits for the prevention of cataracts and other eye diseases.
Typically found in a type of green algae called Haematococcus pluvialis, Astaxanthin is a fat-soluble carotenoid with a unique molecular structure that makes it an extremely effective antioxidant. It has been shown to prevent the formation of oxidation, thus limiting the number of free radicals produced within the body’s cellular network. Like Lycopene, Astaxanthin is very effective at quenching highly energized singlet oxygen molecules. Astaxanthin absorbs the energy produced by these destructive free radicals and dissipates it as heat, thus rendering singlet oxygen molecules to a grounded state.
As the nutritional sciences continue to explore the properties and functionality of these (and other) carotenoids, they continue to strengthen the notion that our planet has been blessed with everything it needs to support health and wellness.
This product is great to take with our Power Vision™ Vitamins!
Astaxanthin - King of the Carotenoids!
Astaxanthin prevents heart disease, diabetes and Alzheimer's dementia
By: John Phillip July 19, 2011
(NaturalNews) There`s a new kid on the block in the world of natural nutrients that promotes optimal health and has a significant impact in preventing chronic disease development. Astaxanthin is a red-orange carotenoid pigment derived from microalgae, fish, and crustaceans that can prevent and even treat conditions that progress from the negative effects of oxidative stress and antioxidant deterioration. Astaxanthin is a powerful antioxidant that has been shown to be ten times more powerful than other pigments and carotenoids including resveratrol. Research details published in The American Journal of Cardiology provide solid evidence that astaxanthin supplemented daily can inhibit the damaging effects of oxidative stress that leads to heart disease, heart attack and dementia.
Researchers discovered that the potent antioxidant activity afforded by astaxanthin supplementation results in improved cardiovascular health. The super nutrient positively influences endothelial function, allowing the delicate heart vessels to relax. This lowers blood pressure and reduces the number of inflammatory cells that promote deadly arterial plaque known to reduce blood flow to the heart muscle.
Astaxanthin is further shown to boost the heart`s pumping capacity to maintain normal blood flow to the muscle and other vital organs throughout the body. Researchers found that astaxanthin inhibits the effects of advanced glycation end products (AGE`s) that form through normal cellular function and that can increase the incidence of diabetes by altering glucose metabolism. Scientists have demonstrated that astaxanthin reduces markers of oxidative stress and inflammation and improves the way blood flows through the vascular system to lower the risk of heart disease and stroke.
Compelling research published in the British Journal of Nutrition posits the effect of supplemented astaxanthin on development and progression of Alzheimer`s dementia. One of the significant markers of the disease is the proliferation of phospholipid hydroperoxides (PLOOH) in the blood. Excess levels cause free radical damage in the brain that can damage neural structures and that are associated with progression of Alzheimer`s dementia.
The study found that supplementing with 6 to 12 mg of astaxanthin daily for 12 weeks lowered blood levels of PLOOH up to 50%. Astaxanthin was found to be a potent antioxidant that could easily cross the blood-brain barrier to dramatically lower oxidative stress.
Study researchers concluded: "These results suggest that astaxanthin supplementation results in improved erythrocyte antioxidant status and decreased phospholipid hydroperoxide levels, which may contribute to the prevention of dementia." Based on an ongoing body of evidence to support the amazing benefits of astaxanthin, health-minded individuals will want to supplement with 4 to 12 mg daily to support heart and brain health.
- Astaxanthin naturally prevents sunburn: 8/2/2011 - Overexposure to sunlight can have devastating effects on human skin. From minor sunburns to melanoma skin cancer, spending too much time in the sun can result in everything from discomfort to fatal disease. For this reason, preventing overexposure to sunlight has been at the forefront of peoples' minds...
- Astaxanthin is a top natural anti-inflammatory: 6/22/2011 - Astaxanthin, a substance known to be the most potent known antioxidant, has a natural and scientifically proven anti-inflammatory ability. The fact that astaxanthin is natural and has no side effects makes it very attractive to people as a health supplement. The scandals and deaths associated with leading...
- Astaxanthin: The Miracle Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Nutrient: 5/24/2009 - For years, I've been a strong proponent of astaxanthin, a remarkable nutrient sometimes called "King of the carotenoids!" Derived from microalgae (and also found in wild salmon), astaxanthin is on my list as one of the top three most important nutrients for human health. I take an astaxanthin supplement...
- Astaxanthin is Age and Disease Defying Miracle Nutrient from Microalgae: 5/22/2009 - Summer is the season for astaxanthin, the carotenoid that blocks ultra violet damage to the skin. Astaxanthin has been referred to as nature's sunscreen, but it does a whole lot more to keep people looking good by promoting beauty and radiant health from the inside out. It improves fine lines and wrinkles,...
- The World's Top Five Superfoods for Silky Smooth Skin: 10/30/2008 - When it comes to healthy-looking skin, nutrition beats cosmetics hands down. Creating radiant, glowing, youthful-looking skin can best be accomplished by focusing on what's inside, not by covering up the skin with artificial colors that try to paint a new face on the outside. But which superfoods, exactly,...
- Summary of Book on Astaxanthin Now Available as Free Download from HealthBookSummaries.com: 10/17/2008 - HealthBookSummaries.com, the downloadable health book summary service created by Mike Adams and Kevin Gianni, has just released its summary of the book Astaxanthin: King of the Carotenoids by Bob Capelli. The downloadable summary is available now at ...
Nutrition InformationServing Size: 1 Softgel
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
Astaxanthin (Natural extract from Green Algae Haematococcus pulvialis - by Zanthin®)
|* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Vegetarian Softgel Capsule (glycerin, modified corn starch, carrageenan, sorbitol, water), and Antioxidant Blend (mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract). Contains soy derivative.
Suggested Usage: As a dietary supplement, take 1 softgel daily with a fat-containing meal.
Contains no: salt, yeast, wheat, gluten, milk, egg or shellfish.
Do Not Eat Freshness Packet. Keep in Bottle.
Disclaimers: *These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Zanthin® is a registered trademark of Valensa International. Licensed from Valensa International under US Patent No. 5,527,533.
Store in a cool, dry place.
California Academy of Health® - CAOH®
Liquid Power Multi-V™ - Goji Fusion® - Absolute Goji™ - Absolute Acai™ - Acai-Max®
Absolute Mangosteen™ - Mangosteen Elixir® - Maqui Max™
Totally Nude Noni Juice™ - Almost Nude Noni Juice™